Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Unexpected realization about unemployment #1

I sweat less.

I have always been a sweater. Call me gross, call me Polish, call me whatever you want, but I sweat a lot. As a result, unless I am very careful, I don’t always smell so great. So you can imagine my concern when I learned that, when traveling and camping with Patrick, I wouldn’t be showering every day like I usually do. I wasn’t looking forward to stinking.

But now, I have pretty much no stress. I have nothing I’m worried about. I have nothing to sweat about. I’m not running through the office, trying to get to interviews on time, trying to answer all my emails – I’m not breaking into a cold sweat when I realize I have done something really, really wrong. I just sweat so much less. That’s all there is to it. So not showering isn’t as awful as I thought it was.

I also have much less opportunity to be vain, so that contributes to being okay with not showering too often. There are very few mirrors in camping, and when there is a mirror, it gets only a cursory glance to make sure I still have a reflection before I leave it again. No vampiric qualities? Okay, I’m good.

No comments:

Post a Comment