Monday, May 17, 2010

Pictures 6: North Carolina countryside

These were mostly taken in Graham County, the poorest county in North Carolina. However, it is also one of the most beautiful. Patrick and I camped at Snowbird, an area of the mountains named after an old Cherokee settlement. The county is home to the Cherokee reservation, amazing nature trails, and tons of little towns.

Click any image to see a larger version on Photobucket.

Photobucket
This moth landed on the inside of my car window.

Photobucket
Patrick stopped by a gas station and store that he goes to every time he visits Snowbird (I believe it's located in Robbinsville, or close to it); but clearly, gassing up was not an option.

Photobucket
Downtown Robbinsville

17 more pictures below the jump...



Photobucket
Downtown Robbinsville

Photobucket
Downtown Robbinsville

Photobucket
Downtown Robbinsville

Photobucket
Downtown Robbinsville; this is looking up an ivy-covered wall toward a window awning.

Photobucket
Door to Nowhere in Robbinsville

Photobucket
Robbinsville

Photobucket
I'm pretty sure this was in North Carolina; if not, forgive me. Going out to an overlook.

Photobucket
I was on the overlook, taking pictures of the pretty mountains, minding my own business, when I turned around and...

Photobucket
...Patrick had gotten distracted.

Photobucket
Monkeying around, har har har.

Photobucket
These are actually on Cherokee land, so I couldn't go on the property, but I could photograph them from the roadside.

Photobucket
Ditto

Photobucket
Thritto

Photobucket
Quitto (that's quad+ditto)

Photobucket
Pentitto

Photobucket
These were actually taken later, in Statesville, when I had gotten my tire replaced. These honeysuckle were growing behind the Walmart there. Amazing.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment