Friday, July 30, 2010

Pictures 27: New Jerseyan Miscellanea

Pat and I spent about two weeks in New Jersey, so I have a few overhanging pictures that didn't really fit into any other category. So here they are.

Photobucket
I very rarely get to ride over the Pulaski Skyway - I am usually driving - so it was quite a treat when my dad drove and I got to take pictures out the window of the urban landscape. Of course, the zoetrope-like railing didn't make for very good shots.

Photobucket
See? My dad drives. And Pat rides.


8 more pictures below. Click any one to see it bigger.




Photobucket
Pat and I made it a regular habit to walk to downtown Chatham to get ice cream, then sit in the gazebo and eat it. This is my town. Isn't it quaint? Oh yes. You'll pay for that quaintness too.

Photobucket
We ate ice cream here.

Photobucket
Chatham's own piece of the World Trade Center

Photobucket
And now for a change of scenery - when Patrick, my mom and I went to Grant's Tomb, we stopped by the Hudson River Palisades at Palisades Interstate Park on the way home. It is one of my favorite places on earth.

Photobucket
He likes to climb things.

Photobucket
He really likes to climb things.

Photobucket
A long way down.

Photobucket
This was in the bathroom at the Palisades. It made me laugh, because it speaks so well to my life right now. This is what it says:

Traveling you see how small you really are. The world is big and to it you are nothing. Live your Dreams.
... idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment