Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pictures 16: Greene County Miners' Memorial - Pennsylvania

This actually happened before Pittsburgh, but, as is my fashion, I have forgotten to post it earlier. Alas. It's okay, though, because this will probably only be interesting to other weirdos like me who find coal mining fascinating. This is the Greene County Coal Miners Memorial in Kirby, Pennsylvania.

Click any image to see it larger in Photobucket.

Photobucket

See 4 more images below the jump.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The list of donors

Photobucket
Looks like they had to correct Martoncik's name, which is not surprising at all... coming from a Polish background, I am well familiar with the myriad ways in which my own simple, phonetic last name has been misspelled, so I can't imagine how Martoncik has been spelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment